using howtohealth.org, you agree that your information will be handled as set out herein.
of any change(s) that may affect Clients and Website users.
We recognise our obligations in meeting the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Data
Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the GDPR, below). Therefore, We apply a strict data protection
regime that is fit for purpose, effective, and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for UK
laws. These Terms apply to Clients and visitors of howtohealth.org.
How to Health Ltd is the data controller of all personal data and any data is stored securely. By using our
We collect the minimum amount of information about Clients and/or users to help us provide efficient
and evolving service(s). You can opt out of having your data stored by informing us at any time. All data
is stored securely for a period of three years, dated from your last subscripted date.
What Information We Collect
We may collect information that you provide to us, including but not limited to:
- Personal Processing Information such as name, home address, telephone number, email address,
and payment details.
- Assessment Information, including but not limited to, age, height, weight, age, lifestyle, health
history, sleep patterns, and alcohol consumption.
- Information regarding your visit to howtohealth.org such as your geographical location, how
you accessed our Website, devise type, browser type, duration of visit, and page views. Any of
our third-party affiliates (incl. advertisers) have access to said information to help improve
services and offers.
- Data relating to any payment method used, including secure details, which are processed by
Paypal or other independent merchant providers and stored in their secure server.
- Any password associated with a Client account.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information collected to provide a pleasant and efficient Client experience; to assist (but not
guarantee) Clients achieve their goals; and to try improving our services and offers. We may use
information for, but not limited to:
- Send you marketing information and or promotional offers. You may opt out of these at any
- Assist us in the detection of fraud and to protect Clients.
- Successfully process subscriptions.
- Verify Clients/users and their email addresses.
- To allow social sharing functionality.
- To comply with legal obligations.
Why We Contact You
- To interact with your subscripted Services.
- With the purpose of improving Services.
- To advise of special offers.
- To send you an electronic receipt.
- For market research purposes.
What Information We Share
You acknowledge and accept that We can share your information in the given limited circumstances. You
may remove yourself from any mailing list.
- To interact with affiliates, such as nutritionists, to help deliver your subscription Service(s). No
Personal Processing Information will be shared; only Assessment Information.
- To third parties who We genuinely believe would be of interest you, in their provision of goods
and or services; however, while We may share names and email addresses, We do not share home
addresses and or telephone numbers.
- To complete a transaction successfully.
- To data segmentation/ selection analysts and marketing/ ranking agencies to further successful
marketing campaigns and targets.
How we Protect Your Information
Data is stored in a Cloud-based server (Google Drive). We use reasonable measures to safeguard the
personal information we hold about you from loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure, or
Information & Marketing
In accord with what We perceive a legitimate interest We may share your details with trusted third parties
and retail partners who We firmly believe would be of interest to you, via data cooperation. Cooperation
systems amalgamate consumer details into databases which businesses share to analyse products and or
services that may interest you.
In addition, We use certain marketing tools such as GOOGLE ANALYTICS and [input your social
media account names, if any]. Lastly, We may use remarketing tracking cookies (see below) and
conversion pixels to offer you promotions and more.
We do not sell, lease, or share your personal information to anyone unless We have permission from you,
unless specifically required to do so by law.
As a valued customer you have the following right to:
1) Withdraw your consent to any uses you have agreed to. We may continue to process your
information after you withdraw consent if We have a lawful basis to do so and or if your
withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
2) Rectify your information if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
3) Delete your information by sending us a request by email or in writing.
4) Access any information We hold on you by submitting a written request.
5) Refuse to accept any further marketing information by unsubscribing.
As per the UK Data Protection Act 2018, We are the data controller for the statutory purposes in data
processing (which implements the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU)
2016/679) [‘the GDPR’]). You may request what information we hold about you pursuant to data
protection if a European Entity. We observe the European Commission-approved Clauses as a legal
mechanism for data transfers with the E.U. The collection and usage of your data is outlined above.
Under GDPR provisions you have certain rights involving the rectifying of your information; erasing
your information; portability and restriction of processing; object to processing; and accessing your
information. You can exercise your rights by submitting a request to us as controller at [email address].
What are Cookies?
Cookies permit small pieces of information to be read from or placed onto your device when you visit a
Website or application. The Web browser you use sends this information back to the Website so that it
will remember your preferences. Cookies also ensure that adverts you see online are more bespoke. The
cookies We use fall under four categories: strictly necessary, functional, performance, and targeting. You can
control and manage cookies on your device; however, these changes will apply to all Websites that you
We want our site to be easy to use and reliable for our customers. Cookies are necessary in providing the
optimum experience. Rest assured our cookies do not store your personal information.
Via Session and Persistent Cookies, We primarily track:
- Visit Lengths and Frequency
- User Interaction
- Data Entered
- Services of Interest
Managing Cookies in your Browser
The level of privacy settings you want are usually changeable in the browser; thus, you can block all
cookies, accept all cookies, or pick a setting in-between.
By deleting cookies – any preference settings you have made will be lost. If you have set your preferences
to opt out of cookies, this setting will be lost too.
By blocking all cookies – functionality on our Websites will be lost. It is not recommended to turn off all
cookies when using Websites. You can reduce your cookie settings at any time, but you must use your
browser settings to remove any third-party cookies from previous visits.